Easter is my most favorite Holiday right after Christmas. First, because it’s the celebration of our Savior’s resurrection; also because it’s right around springtime, and who doesn’t love bunnies and cute little spring animals, as well as all the cute colors? On this DIY, I’m showing you how to make the easiest and most adorable Easter treat you can ever make. All you need are 4 items and some imagination. It’s amazing that you are able to do an abstract design and everyone will still know what the theme is, because Easter shapes are so recognizable. It is not this easy with other Holidays. This easy Easter Rainbow Rice Krispies Treat DIY will be perfect to keep the kids entertained, and grown-ups too!
For these crispy rice treats you will need:
- Crispy Rice Treat sheet – from your local grocer or cake supply shop. You can also make your own.
- Easter shape cookie cutters – I had the Peeps bunny and chick, 2 different size eggs, flowers and another bunny and chick
- Fondant in 4 different colors – I used the pack that comes with 4 colors.
- Silicon mat and roller
To decorate the rice crispies treats:
- Cut out the Easter shapes from the crispy rice sheet. It will be easier if you use metal cutters. Wet it every time you are making a cut so it’s not so sticky.
- Divide up each fondant color in 2 or 3 balls about the size of your palm or smaller. Roll out a few into the shape of a snake. Make different shapes. Put them all together side to side onto a big blob. Don’t use any baking powder. It must be moist so that the sides stick to each other. Once all of it is stuck together, roll it out to about 1/8 inch thick. Don’t mix the colors. The idea is to color block it.
- If any of it separates, use your moist fingers to glue together and add a small piece of another color over the dent and roll it out.
- Cut out the fondant shapes
- To glue the fondant onto the crispy rice you can brush a little bit of water, melted candy chips, buttercream or jam. I prefer water because is less messy. My next option would be melted candy because it tastes delicious with the crispy rice.
Wasn’t this the easiest treat you ever made? You can make these crispy rice treats for every season in different shapes, colors and sizes. Now, get all your cookie cutters and show me what you can make! I also used these fondant shapes to decorate an Easter Cake on this Easter Bird’s Nest post. Don’t forget to live the cake life!